Summer Courses 2019
THE MOST IMPORTANT OF OUR Summer courseS…
- a long tradition (since 2001)
- experienced teachers (from universities, language and grammar schools)
- small groups (approx. 8 people)
- flexible activities programme (to suit learner interests and subject to weather conditions)
- bespoke course syllabi (tailored to students´ wishes and requirements entered in applications)
- with us you not only study the language but also experience Czech culture in an authentic environment (we will also discover lesser-known spots off tourist trails, authentic popular pubs with local specialities, you will learn to cook Czech dishes, you will have a chance to converse with native speakers and so much more)
Summer Courses offer
All courses are designed for all language levels – from beginners to advanced and for adult clients aged 18 to 99.
(Underage learners can be enrolled subject to a prior arrangement between the legal guardian and the organisers.
They will need to be accompanied by an adult.)
You can come for 1, 2 or 3 weeks.
Each course has its own content and program, which means you won’t see the same thing twice!
Summer Course I.
Dates: Sunday 28. 7. - Friday 2. 8. 2019
Price: 519,- EUR
Summer Course II.
Dates: Sunday 4. 8. - Saturday 10. 8. 2019
Price: 409,- EUR
Summer Course III.
Dates: Sunday 11. 8. - Saturday 17. 8. 2019
Price: 409,- EUR
Summer Course I. + II.
Dates: Sunday 28. 7. - Saturday 10. 8. 2019
LOCATION: PragUE + JIHLAVA
Price: 889,- EUR
Summer Course II. + III.
Dates: Sunday 4. 8. - Saturday 17. 8. 2019
LOCATION: 2x JIHLAVA
Price: 779,- EUR
Summer Course I. + II. + III.
Dates: Sunday 28. 7. - Saturday 17. 8. 2019
LOCATION: PragUE + 2x JIHLAVA
Price: 1149,- EUR
Prague (= Praha)
- city on the border of Bohemia and Moravia
- WHERE is it? GOOGLE Maps
- good transport links from Prague, Brno, Vienna and Bratislava
- city history dates back to the 13th century
- 3 cities with UNESCO world heritage status within 50 km
- picturesque scenery and best air quality in the Czech Republic
- basic information on Jihlava on WIKIPEDIA.cz
- the official Jihlava website
- the tourist portal of Jihlava
Information about the Summer Courses
Czech language classes – are taught in CONVERSATIONAL FORM and are focused on PRACTICAL USE. Special emphasis will be placed on vocabulary consolidation and extension (the topics will be matched to your requests – please state them in the attached binding application). Grammatical issues which arise during conversations, will also be explained in practical examples.
Practical part of the course – your gained LANGUAGE KNOWLEDGE CAN BE PRACTISED and extended right away in the afternoon practical part of the course (cooking course, excursions, tandem evenings, trips …).
The activities programme – POST-LESSON AFTERNOON, EVENING AND WEEKEND EVENTS await you. Naturally, participation in the activities programme is VOLUNTARY, i.e. participation is voluntary and subject to personal interests. You can find find the preliminary programme HERE (PDF). The programme will be fine-tuned with the participants before the start date to reflect current weather conditions and requests. We always go the extra mile to accommodate your needs and requests. For those who come for more than a week, an all-weekend tour is organised!
20 lessons of 45 mins per week
- morning Czech classes
+ afternoon practical part of the course
+ the activities programme
- The number of participants in a group approx. 8
- Study materials: our own study materials + additional materials
- Teachers: qualified and experienced teachers (from universities, language schools and grammar schools), who have cooperated with us for years
- Prague: hotel *** (includes breakfast in hotel)
- Jihlava: the hotel part *** of a student dormitory (includes a simple breakfast)
- single- (at extra cost) or double bedroom – at your request
- other accommodation options available by arrangement
- Prague: the price for hotel accommodation includes breakfast
- Jihlava: the course fee includes a simple breakfast
- participants cover the cost of other meals (lunch and dinner)
- the estimated prices: set-meal lunch with a drink is within the 120-180 Kč range
- For the Summer Course you can register HERE.
- After that, you will you will receive an e-mail with detailed information and the binding application. Please fill it in ONLINE + pay the registration fee (150,- Euro / 1 week) no later than 25. 6. 2019. (Late registration is possible only by agreement with the organizers.)
- The registration fee is part of the course price.
- Minimum number of participants is 6
- Max. 30 participants
Course fees and payment
- you will receive an e-mail with detailed information about the payment
- Included in the fee: language course, training materials, compulsory programme, standard accommodation in shared double-bedrooms
- Not included in the fee: travel expenses to the Czech Republic, activities programme, board, premium accommodation, fares, transfer from Prague to Jihlava
- Additional surcharge for accommodation in a single bedroom:
- Prague: 25,- Euro per week
- Jihlava: 20,- Euro per week
- An accompanying person: courses not included, just accommodation in shared double-bedrooms, including the compulsory programme
- I. 379,- Euro / II. 289,- Euro / III. 289,- Euro
- I.+II. 629,- Euro / II.+III. 509,- Euro
- I.+II.+III. 859,- Euro
- Should the course be cancelled, for instance in the event that fewer than the minimum number of participants have enrolled, the application fee will be refunded in full.
- If you decide to cancel your enrolment after submitting the registration form and paying the application fee:
- by 25. 6. = 0 % of application fee
- after 26. 6. = 100 % of application fee
Arrival of participants
- I. course: on SUNDAY 28. 7. 2019 afternoon
- II. course: on SUNDAY 4. 8. 2019 afternoon
- III. course: on SUNDAY 11. 8. 2019 afternoon
- meeting details (time and place) will be sent to you by e-mail
- should you arrive earlier or later than planned, please let us know (SMS, Phone-call, E-mail)
- saccommodation prior to and after the course available for a surcharge
Departure of participants
- I. course: on FRIDAY 2. 8. 2019 afternoon
- II. course: on SATURDAY 10. 8. 2019 morning
- III. course: on SATURDAY 17. 8. 2019 morning
- if you want to leave earlier or later, please let us know (SMS, Phone-call, E-mail)
- accommodation prior to and after the course available for a surcharge
- Changes are possible!
- Course participants will be informed of any changes in advance.
...if you are not happy with the dates, locations or course syllabi
...if you haven't been able to choose from our existing range of courses
...if haven't found required information
...for further enquiries